The Detention Center employs 9 full-time and 6 part-time Corrections Officers, as well as a Jail Administrator. We have a Public Health Nurse that visits the center 3 times a week. Volunteers provide AA, and religious services.
Our staff continually trains, and keeps up to date on Department of Corrections rules and regulations to maintain a safe, secure, and humane environment within the jail, and work areas.
Victim Information & Notification Everyday (VINE)
The Sheriff's Office Detention Center is a member of VINE, a free anonymous computer based service that provides crime victims with 2 important services: Information and Notification. A victim can call or use the internet to search for information about an offenders custody status and to register to receive telephone and or email when an inmate is released or transferred. A link is provided at the bottom of this page.
Inmates are allowed 1 visit per visitation session for 20 minutes. The following rules apply:
- Visitors must be 18 years old or older. If under 18, the visitor must be accompanied by an adult and can only visit immediate family.
- Visitors must present a photo ID prior to visiting.
- Visitors may leave cash for the inmate, all other correspondence must be sent through U.S. mail. Mail is inspected by the staff. Legal mail is not screened.
Visits may be denied or terminated for the following reasons:
- Eating or drinking is not allowed in visitation areas
- Use of cell phones is prohibited
- A visitor must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- A visitor fails to provide, or gives false identification information
- A visitor that engages in suggestive activity or inappropriate dress
- When conduct as deemed by staff as disruptive to the order and operations of the facility, a safety or security risk
- Failing to follow facility rules or staff directives
Write to an Inmate
To Write to an Inmate you may follow this example:
Wadena County Jail
415 S Jefferson Street
Wadena, MN 56482