To Write to an Inmate you may use follow this example:
Wadena County Jail
415 S. Jefferson St.
Wadena, MN 56482
The Wadena County Detention Facility is licensed to house 27 inmates. Work release and sentence to serve inmates are housed as well as minimum, medium, and maximum inmates. The Detention Center employs 9 full-time and six part-time Corrections Officers, as well as a Jail Administrator. We have a Public Health Nurse that visits the center three times a week. Volunteers provide AA, and religious services.
Our staff continually trains, and keeps up to date on Department of Corrections rules and regulations to maintain a safe, secure, and humane environment within the jail, and work areas.
The Sheriff's Office Detention Center is a member of VINE, a free anonymous computer based service that provides crime victims with two important services: Information and Notification. A victim can call or use the internet to search for information about an offenders custody status and to register to receive telephone and or Email when an inmate is released or transferred. A link is provided at the bottom of this page.
Inmates are allowed one visit per visitation session for 20 minutes. The following rules apply:
- Visitors must be 18 Years old
- Visitors must present a photo ID prior to visiting
- Visitors may leave cash for the inmate, all other coorespondence must be sent through U.S. mail. Mail is inspected by the staff. Legal mail is not screened.
Visits may be denied or terminated for the following reasons:
- Eating or drinking is not allowed in visitation areas
- Use of cell phones is prohibited
- A visitor must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- A visitor fails to provide, or gives false identification information
- A visitor that engages in suggestive activity or inappropiate dress
- When conduct as deemed by staff as disruptive to the order and operations of the facility, a safety or security risk
- Failing to follow facility rules or staff directives
Wadena County Jail Visitation Hours
TUESDAY: 7:30 P.M. -
WEDNESDAY: 3:00 P.M.-5:00 P.M.
THURSDAY: 3:00 P.M.-5:00 P.M.
7:30 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
SATURDAY: 7:30 P.M.-9:00 P.M.
SUNDAY: 7:30 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
One 20 minutes session per visitation period.
Must be 18. If under 18, must be accompanied by an adult and can
only visit immediate family.