Reporting a Crime

If an individual is aware that a crime may have been committed, the information should be provided to the local law enforcement agency, either your city police department or the Wadena County Sheriff depending upon where the crime occurred. A major responsibility of the County Attorney is the decision whether or not to charge persons with crimes. However, it is generally based upon investigations of law enforcement and other regulatory agencies.