8Taxes become delinquent on January 1 of the year following the due dates. A penalty accrues beginning on the day after a due date, then increases monthly through the end of the year. On January 1, the penalty increases on the unpaid amount to 10% for properties that are classified as Homestead or Seasonal-Recreational, or to 14% for all other classifications. Interest begins accruing on the unpaid amount, including the penalty, at a rate determined by the State of Minnesota Department of Revenue. The amounts change monthly as long as they remain unpaid. A judgment is entered against the property if they remain unpaid through April, and the forfeiture process is begun.
|Delinquent Real Property TaxesDone Editing|
- Payable 2022 and Prior Information Only -
1. An updated listing will generally be posted within the first week of each month.
2. If you see "COJ" under the name on the parcel, the amounts shown are correct, and you need to contact the Auditor/Treasurer's Office for the proper amount due.
3. The interest is calculated on a monthly basis, and the "Interest calculated through" date is listed at the top of each page.
4. Payments made after the end of a month are not reflected on the listing.
5. If you have questions about the listing, or about a Confession of Judgment amount, please contact the Wadena County Auditor/Treasurer's Office at 218-631-7621.
6. The list is numerical by parcel number. Scroll through the list to find your parcel number or use the search feature to locate it more quickly.
Click below to view this month's list (Posted 09-01-2023)
Delinquent Tax listing
In any case where taxes for two or more years are delinquent against a parcel of land, the taxes, or a portion of them, if held by the state, may be paid in the inverse order to that in which the taxes were levied, with accrued penalties, interest, and costs upon the taxes so paid, without payment of the taxes for the first of such years; provided, that such payment shall not affect the lien of any unpaid taxes or tax judgment.